The General Assembly will host 15 workshops, from 1 to 2 June, focusing on justice, witness and hospitality, in view of a particular work area of CEC.
These workshops have been prepared by the outgoing Thematic Reference Groups and thematic networks and organisations related to CEC.
The workshops are foreseen to bring together 20 to 50 participants and will allow for a more interactive exchange on the sub-themes of the assembly than the plenary sessions. They will deliberate on challenges and achievement of CEC in its thematic work since 20013 and will debate future thematic work in view of the strategic objectives of CEC in the next years, as foreseen in Article 7 (4) of the CEC constitution
Participants of the assembly are invited to attend and to contribute to the workshops. During the registration process participants have been asked to express preferences for the workshops and will be allocated to the different workshops accordingly. The organiser of each respective workshop will ensure that they draw upon participants’ expertise.
Members of the Policy Reference Committee will be attending the different workshops, so that the workshops’ discussions are fed into the policy reference document which will be adopted by the General assembly.
Following are the themes to be explored at the workshops:
1. Social imbalances in Europe – Reflections on challenges for Societies and our Churches
2. What will be the world of work tomorrow? Discussion on digitalisation and the churches reflection on “good work”
3. Persecution of Christians: situation in Syria and Iraq
4. Freedom of Religion or Belief brings Justice for Minorities and Majorities
5. Witness to Climate Change – Justice to God’s Creation – Hospitality to all Creatures
6. Sharing God’s earth and its riches justly
7. Ecumenical fellowship of churches: How is it relevant for the Conference of European Churches today?
8. Interreligious work in the face of migration in Europe
9. Refugee protection – a task of the churches
10. Ecclesiology in times of migration
11. Democracy and Populism: The Role of Education and of CEC
12. The role of religion in Conflict and Peace
13. No peace without justice! No justice without peace!
14. Bioethics and the development of science. Challenges for the future
15. The dialogue according to Art. 17 III TFEU: opportunities and challenges