The 2018 Novi Sad General Assembly of the Conference of European Churches will be held from 31 May – 6 June, Novi Sad, Serbia. The event will be addressing the biblical theme “You shall be my witnesses” (Acts 1:8) – exploring the topic of justice, witness and hospitality.
Names of speakers at the General Assembly:
- Patriarch Mor Ignatius Aphrem II, Syrian Orthodox Church of Antioch and All the East
- Bishop Petra Bosse-Huber, Evangelical Church in Germany
- Bishop Irinej of Backa, Serbian Orthodox Church
- Archbishop Dr Antje Jackelén, Church of Sweden
- Dr Meletis Meletiadis, President of the Synod of the Greek Evangelical Churches
- Rev. Luca Negro, President of the Federation of Protestant Churches in Italy
- Metropolitan Porfirije of Zagreb and Ljubljana, Serbian Orthodox Church
- Lisa Schneider, Ecumenical Youth Council in Europe
- Tauri Tölpt, PhD student at the University of Tartu, Estonia, and faculty member at the Chair of Orthodoxy of the Institute of Theology of the Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby, Church of England
Please feel free to forward this invitation to other journalists who might be interested.
For more information or media enquiries, please contact:
CEC Communication Coordinator
Tel: +32 2 234 68 42